All Zembro solutions are lightweight, durable devices, designed for comfort, resilience, longevity, and continuous use over an extended period. However, it's crucial to use them correctly and maintain them properly to ensure maximum longevity and keep your warranty valid. The information below provides details on how to care for your devices and use them safely.
Before cleaning, ensure your device is turned off.
Regularly clean your Zembro device with a soft, damp cloth. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive materials as they could damage the product's surface. The Zembro Wander Alert and Simple Alert (Sony mSafety) can also be cleaned with alcohol if necessary.
After cleaning, thoroughly dry the device with a soft cloth and allow it to air dry until no residual water is left before placing it in the charging dock.
If the device has come into contact with salt water, thoroughly clean it with fresh water before placing it in the charging dock to prevent corrosion of the charging points.
Depending on your model, the charging cradle may have 2 or 4 pins. Both configurations work fine, so don't be concerned if it appears you have 2 missing.
Refer to the attached image, which demonstrates what can happen to a charging cradle if the device is continually placed in the charging cradle while wet.
Follow the safe usage guidelines below to ensure the warranty remains valid:
• Do not use a damaged device. It may cause injury or harm. If your device is damaged or you aren’t sure if it's working properly, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to have it checked and repaired.
• Use only Zembro original accessories and spare parts. Non-Zembro batteries, chargers, and spare parts may pose increased safety risks, such as fire, explosion, leakage, or chemical burns. The warranty does not cover failures or damage caused by non-Zembro batteries, chargers, or spare parts.
• Avoid exposing the device to excessive pressure or impact, as this may damage your device.
• Use your device within its IP rating. Conditions where IP rating limits might be exceeded include environments with excessive humidity, water depths, liquid pressure, and dust exposure.
Wander & Simple Alert = IP68 (swimming and bathing resistant)
Essentials Comfort & Mini = IP67 (shower and splash resistant)
Zembro Beacons = IP67 (shower and splash resistant)
• Treat the device with care and avoid exposing it to extreme high or low temperatures. Do not expose your device to temperatures below -10°C (+14°F) or above +35°C (+95°F).
• Do not expose your device to flames or lit tobacco products.
• Do not attempt to disassemble or modify your device. The devices are equipped with SIMs or eSIMs: do not attempt to modify them.
For a full usage guide and other instructions relating to safe use, please review the documentation included with the devices.
Battery Care and Storage
Shallow discharges and recharges are better than full ones, as they put less stress on the battery, thereby prolonging its life. Aim to recharge as soon as possible once you receive a battery alert. While charging, aim to reach 80% capacity.
Avoid leaving the device plugged in for more than 3 hours. Instead, follow the shallow discharge and recharge cycle. Over time, electronics will age faster if they’re constantly plugged in while already charged to 100 percent.
Avoid extreme temperatures. Whenever possible, avoid leaving your Zembro devices in hot cars or in chilly rooms. Ideally, store your Zembro devices below 25 degrees Celsius / Humidity under 50%.
If you’re not going to be using your Zembro device for an extended period, turn it completely off, and remember to recharge the battery every 2 to 3 months (to prevent the battery from running dry over a long period of inactivity). Ideally, leave your device with a charge somewhere around 40-50 percent. Don't forget to switch your device completely off while you store it, and avoid extreme hot and cold conditions.